De-stressing After The Holidays
The holiday season has officially come to an end and although it can be exciting, stressful, fun and exhausting all at once, congratulations to you for getting through it!
Here are 10 practical tips that might help you de-stress after the holiday season:
- Take a break from technology: Make an effort to disconnect from your phone, computer, and other electronic devices for a few hours each day. At least one hour before bed.
- Exercise: Physical activity can help reduce stress and improve your mood. It is a good idea, to sign up at your local gym, other practices such as: yoga or any of your favorite form of exercise.
- Practice relaxation techniques: Try techniques like deep breathing, meditation, or lighting your favourite candle to help relax your mind and body.
- Get enough sleep: Make sure you are getting enough sleep each night to help you feel rested and rejuvenated the next morning.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet can help improve your mood and reduce stress.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking 8-10 ounces of water a day can help you feel more alert, energized and younger.
- Seek support: If you are feeling overwhelmed, don't be afraid to reach out to friends, family, or a professional for support. It can be helpful to talk to someone about your feelings and find ways to cope with stress.
Practicing self-care is key when it comes to de-stressing after the holidays and we hope these tips were helpful and gets you motivated to achieve all your 2023 goals!